Tuesday 25 February 2014

I am (always) a STAR: Exposing TPACK to our classmates.

As this week´s star, this morning I have explained our TPACK diagram to our classmates (about 10 groups in total , my throat hurts from too much talking!). I have illustrated each group about the significance of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) as a conceptual framework for teaching-learning processes and the acquisition of skills for an effective integration of technology . I have also explained the meaning of the traditionally so-called main fields of knowledge (Content, Technological, Pedagogical) and the "subfields" that arise from the interaction of those three main fields (TCK , PCK , TPK) . Another part of my explanation has been to explain why we have chosen to represent each concept with a symbol ( as a continuation of the practice "Illustrating Words") . So every field of development and each subject in this first course in Primary Education is represented by a symbol which makes their identification easier . To the left of our poster (in order to not saturate the central drawings) ,and under a short description of each field of development, we have placed the symbol of the subject that we believed identified more accurately with each field.


It has been a very satisfying experience. useful to overcome stage fright and acquire greater fluency when speaking a foreign language. On the other hand , after several groups I could feel the fatigue of my colleagues and my own´s too . Also I have not had enough time to explain a practical case of using TPACK in the real world: for example, how we can use technological and other resources when we are teaching English language in a primary school (using podcast for listening , ebooks for reading .. etc).
As a final word, I'd like to emphasize that all our drawings and icons on the poster were digitally drawn using Photoshop (and that's a lot of work!), inspired somehow by the idea of ​​creating a concept map that looked like those street-maps for big cities.


No comments:

Post a Comment